Monday, August 8, 2011

The first beach of the summer

On the border of Equador and Peru lies a tiny "paradise" called Mancora, where most Peruvians can only hope to go one day. But frankly, it's incomparable to the pristine sands of the Pehrentian Islands in Malaysia, the party scene of Koh Samui in Thailand, or the beautiful girls in string bikinis on the Ipanema Beach in Rio. Mancora is rather tiny, not too clean, and the sand is hard and gritty. I'm not trying to be a spoiled brat, but it's hard not to compare. As much as I absolutely loved the South of Peru, I can't find many compliments for the lackluster North. But that's just my opinion.




So after a few hours of sunbathing in 2 days, I was ready to go. It was still a nice time to relax, read, and update the blog. The day before the flight, I hurried to Guayaquil in Equador to make sure that I will be on time for my flight. After a bit of a hassle, I was ready.

- Ryoji

No comments:

Post a Comment