Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I wish I came HERE with a girlfriend

An absolute GEM of a city, Cartagena on the Caribbean Coast of Colombia just seems like a romantic getaway for love stricken couples. No wonder there are so many weddings around here - its surroundings gorgeous, the architecture charming, and the atmosphere vibrant.







I generally just spent the days wandering around the historical city center, the nights going out with these 2 guys from the hostel. Many of the colonial buildings are from the 17th and 18th centuries - still standing thanks to the wall all around the city. I decided to skip the beaches as I felt like I was becoming a beach snob, and I didnt feel like traveling 4 hours roundtrip only to be disappointed. In reality, it was hard to believe that the beaches are more captivating than the historic center.

I do believe that Cartagena is a Top 3 city in South America, and I would LOVE to come back here sometime.


- Ryoji

No comments:

Post a Comment