Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Last city on the itinerary

By the time I had arrived in Bogota, the Colombian capital, there was only one thing on my mind: going home. After such a long time being abroad, I could not wait to settle down. Apartment lease started, a full size bed bought and delivered, ideal smartphone shopped for, Zipcar activated, I had every reason to be excited about starting a new life in Boston, not to mention my studies.



The last 2 days in South America were a bit of a bore. Always looking forward, not much attention paid to the present. I spent the days wandering around the historic center, La Candelaria and visiting some of its museums. Both Museo de Botero and Museo del Oro (gold museum) are definitely worth visiting. By anybody's standards, the Museo del Oro is painfully thorough and educational as it is considered the world's most important gold museum.




From what I saw, Bogota seems to be another sprawling city where the historic center, entertainment district, and the financial center are miles apart. But as any capital, it's a starting/ending point for many people's travels.




- Ryoji

No comments:

Post a Comment